Saturday, February 27, 2016

Coming at You

I work alone. I drive alone, I break down my orders, move on to the next delivery, the next pickup and then  head home.  Occasionally I meet up with other Dot drivers on a customer's dock.  

A half mile up the road I see the blue Volvo driving in the Eastbound lane. I am driving west. The two trucks would be hard to tell apart if they were parked side by side. I can not read the oncoming truck's number, and I would not know who's truck it is anyway.  We can not see each other, but I always see an arm through the driver's side door window waving enthusiastically my way. I am waving also. As the trucks pass I never recognize the driver. We both work for Dot Foods. It is comfort enough to see another Dot driver, even if I don't who  it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment