Saturday, December 19, 2015

Joey

"My name is Joey Fucking GEE!  This dock is my place. I run this dock, You have to understand you are in my territory and I make the rules here. Understand that and we will be okay." - Joey

Joey Fucking Gee is a receiver for a big food service company south of Boston. His territory is from door 17 to door 25 on a dock with about 40 doors. He has the ability to make a truck driver's life easier or more difficult than it could be, or should be. Mostly he just wants you unloaded and the hell off his dock. Pretty much what you want as a driver.

I met Joey Fucking Gee my first week driving with Dot Foods as a driver trainee. My trainer did not like Joey.  He did not like Tony either. Tony is a receiver for Costa Fruit and Produce in Charlestown. They are both loud in your face Italian guys in their fifties doing the jobs they have done for years. For both of these men, they are their jobs. It feels like home when I work with both of them. They are my people, and I totally get how they see the world, and it means that I have no surprises when I work with either of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment